The computers in the Family Homework Center have tools intended to help school age kids and adults with research, homework, and word processing. Call Children's Services at (248) 618-7692 to reserve time on these computers, or stop by on a first come-first serve basis and sign up using the Reservation Kiosk. All computer users must have a library card in order to reserve and use our computers. Computer users are allowed up to one hour of time on the computers. Printing is available from our color laser printer. Users are allowed 5 pages free a day, then each additional page is 10 cents. Computers are available when the library opens and automatically shut down 15 minutes before closing time.
Below is a list of some of the homework tools we offer:
- Internet Access - do research, check your e-mail, shop, book a cruise, etc.
- Microsoft Word 2010 - type papers for school or work
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 - create slide presentations
- Microsoft Excel 2010 - a spreadsheet program
- Microsoft Publisher 2010 - create flyers, cards and banners
- World Book Online - like the classic print version, but includes video and sound
- Other Online Databases - periodical articles and other alternative sources
- Learn Typing Tutorial
You may also reserve a computer via the Internet.