The computers in the Family Learning Center have fun and educational games intended for kids in preschool through 6th grade. Not only is this a fun and free activity kids can do when you visit the library, but it is also a great way to preview software before you purchase it for your personal collections. Call (248) 618-7692 to reserve some time on the computers, or stop by on a first-come first-serve basis. All computer users need a library card in order to reserve and to use our computers. Computers are available for up to one hour. The computers are available when the library opens, and automatically shut down 15 minutes before the library closes. All computers print from our color laser printer. Users are allowed 5 free copies a day, then each copy is 10 cents a sheet thereafter.
Below is a list of just some of the programs we offer:
- Living Books including stories featuring Arthur, the Little Critters, and Dr. Seuss characters
- JumpStart series ranging from Preschool through 6th grade
- Magic School Bus programs for many areas of science
- Dora the Explorer for fun and adventure in problem solving
- l Spy and Lego Games for promoting thinking skills
- Blue's Clues games for practicing number and letter recognition
- Clifford and Caillou games for general concept learning
- Art programs for those who like to paint, draw, and create
- Word Processing for typing a paper for school
You may also reserve a computer via the Internet.