The online catalog of our holdings (along with the holdings of over 50 other public libraries in southeast Michigan) has a new interface called Enterprise. We think you'll find that it is "smarter," easier to use, and does a better job of helping you find what you're looking for. It should work on mobile devices, too.
Please note, Enterprise is best viewed with these web browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer v10 or higher. It also functions well in Android web browser, Chrome for Android, Firefox for Android and Safari for iOS. (Android v4.3, iOS v7.04).
- The scrolling "Rivers" on the main page show you in an appealing graphic way what our newest materials are. Click on “Waterford – New Books” to see what other rivers are available, then click on one to switch to it and start viewing it.
- Facets" on the left side of the screen of search results lists can help you limit and narrow down your search results. In eLibrary (our old catalog) you narrowed your search parameters and then searched. In our new catalog you execute your search first and then narrow your results by including or excluding the various possible aspects and categories, or "facets" of the items in the list.
- Limit your search to more than one library – For example, if you need something faster than an interlibrary loan can get it for you and are willing to drive to another library to get it, do your search, and then “include” the nearby libraries you could drive to to pick up the book(s) so you can see whether any of those libraries have what you're looking for.
- You can create and save permanent lists to add items to.
- You can place a hold on several items at once from a search results list or from permanent lists you’ve created and saved for yourself.
- Smart phone users - you can text title information to your phone.
In the search box you can do an "all fields" search, typing in whatever words from both the title and the author's name that you know if you wish to quickly get better results right from the beginning. For example: do an all fields search for “wanted man lee child” instead of just, “wanted man”.
To clear everything and start over, click on the little house in the upper left corner of your screen underneath our library name.
Our Enterprise catalog is still being tweaked and improved, but give it a try. Please talk to our librarians if you have any questions about using it.