- Library Services
- Books & More
- Contact Us
Cake Baking Competition
The Waterford Township Public Library turns 50 this year! Help us celebrate 50 years of library service by baking us a cake!
Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the Community Room.
Take a look at the rules of the competition, register for the contest here, then bake any kind of cake and bring it in to be shared and judged. The top three winners will take home cash prizes based on the ruling of 3 local celebrity judges.
1st place -- $75
2nd place -- $50
3rd place -- $25
Bring ten copies of the recipe you baked, noting if the cake contains any milk, nut, soy, wheat, or egg ingredients to alert people who may have food allergies.
- Bakers and recipe exchange participants must be at least 18 years of age, and cannot be professional bakers or pastry chefs.
- Cakes can’t be store-bought, but can be made from a cake-mix.
- Each person may enter only once.
- You MUST pre-register by Tuesday, February 18th to be able to win prize money. There is a 30 person limit, and you must be present to win.
- Cakes will be judged using a 1-10 point scale (with 10 being the best) on taste, recipe originality and appearance.
- No candles please